What is the Community Hub program?
The Ontario EcoSchools Community Hub program connects teachers regionally with the aim of enhancing and deepening environmental education and supporting Platinum certification at a local level. Each hub will be self-directed and is designed to give participating members a community of like-minded colleagues to connect with.
Each hub will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Connect with like-minded teachers, local experts, and community organizations
- Develop skills, share ideas, provide support, and create meaningful partnerships
- Expand knowledge of Platinum certification and regionally-specific issues and resources
- Enhance and deepen their Ontario EcoSchools program
Benefits of Joining
- Enhance certification program: Participation in the Community Hub program may grant members points towards their Ontario EcoSchools application
- Funding: A $200.00 gift card to Loblaws or Staples will be provided to each Community Hub to cover food and drink costs or supplies for each meeting
- Resources: Ontario EcoSchools will provide committees with meeting agenda templates and ideas for school-to-school collaborations
- Official status: Each Hub will be provided with a hub profile on the Ontario EcoSchools website.
Community Hub responsibilities
- Meeting and sharing: Each Community Hub will be expected to meet between two and three times throughout the 2016-17 school year.
- Hosting or attending: Each hub will be expected to organize meetings by either hosting hub members or attending at other schools or central locations.
- Provide feedback: Each Committee will be asked to provide feedback to Ontario EcoSchools on the Community Hub program and how it can be improved.
Interested in learning more? Contact platinum (at) ontarioecoschools.org.