- Get recognized and celebrated by your community and board for environmental learning and action
- Join and be supported by a province-wide program to build environmentally responsible school communities
- Nurture environmental leaders by using the EcoSchools framework of doable, student-centered actions
- Be assessed based on a provincial standard to further your school’s progress and growth
- Receive an EcoSchools plaque and seal for each year of certification
Is your school ready to take the next step? Get full detail in our Certification Guide
Is my school eligible?
All publicly-funded schools can apply for the annual certification program for free. Private schools click here for more info.
- For experienced EcoSchools who want to take their program to the next level, please check out our Platinum and Experienced EcoSchools Certification Cycle (EECC) .
How to Certify
Establish your school’s EcoTeam, and register your school on the online certification application. Registration opens the end of September each year.
Plan out your environmental learning and actions with the Yearly Planner. Use the six sections of the EcoSchools program to look for areas to take action.
Upload all supporting portfolio requirements and complete your application by April 28, 2017 (early-bird deadline: April 21, 2017). Prepare for your school visit. Click here for more school visit information.
Key Deadlines to Remember
January 27: Input Initial EcoReview results into the online application.
April 21: Early Bird deadline for online certification application
April 28: Complete all applicable questions, upload required portfolio documents, and submit the application.