Position: French-language Program Coordinator Ontario EcoSchools is an environmental education program building on student success in academics and environmentally responsible actions to save energy, minimize waste, and green school grounds. Currently, there are 53 English and French-language school boards implementing the program across the province. Please visit our website for more information.
Location: 720 Bathurst St. (near Bloor), Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Program Director
Status: 1 year contract with 6 months probationary period with possibility of renewal based on performance and funding; position available upon granted funding
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, 37.5 hours/week, plus comprehensive benefit package
Background on Ontario EcoSchools
Together with the Ontario EcoSchools staff team, the French-language Program Coordinator will help develop French-language resources and offer program support to Ontario’s 12 French-language school boards as they implement the program in Ontario schools. Under the supervision of the Program Director and other staff, duties and responsibilities include:
- Facilitate building relationships in French with educators and board staff that are implementing the EcoSchools program and provide support by offering presentations, workshops and webinars throughout the year. Develop and implement strategies that expand the reach of the program within the French-language school boards.
- Revise, update and create print and web resources in French to match or precede those produced for the English-language program stream, such that they conform with the Ontario Aménagement Linguistique Policy and support the French-language curriculum expectations from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in Ontario.
- Assess certification applications, conduct site visits to schools across the province, and provide written feedback for each school.
- Respond to French-language inquiries about the EcoSchools program.
- Collect stories and best practices from French-language schools for monthly newsletter publication.
- Conduct daily administrative duties such as workshop registration, certification logistics, etc.
Please send a cover letter addressed to The Hiring Committee and resume in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 8th, 5pm. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
- Fluency in French and English with experience or competency with translation from English to French and vice versa
- A degree in education or equivalent experience
- Well-developed knowledge of environmental issues
- Excellent research, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including using Microsoft Office and data management programs
- Valid driver's license; access to a car is preferred
- Some overnight travel within Ontario